2014. április 26., szombat

Gézengúz


She was born at the basement of our house. It was a stormy night, and her mother ran into. We couldn't put her out, so we made a shelter downstairs. Next day, when I saw the newborn kittens I was sad a bit. Gézengúz (which means Troublemaker) was so weak, so scrag, so small that I thought she barely would stay alive for one more day. She was the weakest of the cat-quadrille. Much to my surprise she survived the night and the upcoming days, which I couldn't tell about two of her siblings.

Then, over time, I was certain that she would be okay. After a month she and her brother, Bendegúz ventured to the garden and got used to our other cats. But she was still too weak. She could eat only biofood and rejected every made cat food. And drank milk only. She retained this habit all her life.

She was very curious. She was interested in computer games (especially the quick-moving games), and home-made cat toys, which mostly had been pushed under the wardrobe. It was fun to get the toys out from under the wardrobe, for both of us.



She became my exclusive cat. To understand this, I must have to explain: there are outdoor (house is forbidden for them) and indoor cats (who demand a place in the house), but there are also Kriszta's cat (like Bendegúz), Peter's cat (like Gézengúz) and common cats (like Füles, their mother).  Every time she came in, her first thing was to meow desperately for milk or/and some kind of meat.
Her second act was to sat on my lap and I had to caress her until she got tired of it. If I tried to put her away she always climbed back. If I stopped to caress her, she began meowing again. She was addicted to me, and somehow I became her only caresser. After a time she lied next to me to sleep. But if I tried to sneak away, she mostly woke up and followed me.



This Wednesday morning seemed normal. As usual, she was the first to come in to eat and before we left for work we put her and the other indoor cats out from the house. I said goodbye to her and went to work. When we came home, she didn't show herself. In the evening we began to worry about her. But she didn't appear. Neither the next day. Nor the following days. In her entire life, she never missed a chance to come home for a little caress.

I don't think that she will come home ever. There are plenty of dangers in the forest where we live. It could be some kind of wild animal, which caught her, maybe choked by dogs (which happened before with her grandfather), fell into a well and so on. She cannot protect herself yet. And I fear that she never will. She was only 9 months old.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése